Set up a Bluetooth audio device
- Choose the device from the Bluetooth status menu in the menu bar, then choose Connect.
If the Bluetooth status menu isn’t in the menu bar, choose Apple > System Preferences, click Bluetooth, then select “Show Bluetooth in menu bar.”
- Follow the onscreen instructions to set up the device.
Select a Bluetooth audio device as your computer’s input or output device
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sound.
- If your device is meant for sound output (for example, headphones), click Output.
If your device is meant for sound input (for example, a headset), click Input.
- Select the device you want to use from the list of devices.